Junior TPI Learn & Play (ages 8-13)
Sorry - these classes are popular and sold out for 2017!
Long-Term Athletic Development (LTAD) is the thrust of the Junior TPI programming. Research indicates that the excellence of high level athletes begins developing a minimum of ten years prior. Training athletic motion, along with an exposure to the motion of the golf swing, helps make golf easier and more fun for the young golfer. A commitment to aiding the young golfer through TPI will train an athlete and perhaps an athlete that performs on the highest golfing stage.
Junior TPI teaches the "Player Level" curriculumn of the First Tee of Greater Kansas City: Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
Beginner & Intermediate skill level
Suggested Ages: 8-13
Location: Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Club
- Saturdays, 9-11 a.m., April 8, 15, 22, 29 May 6, 13, 20 FULL for 2017
- Saturdays, 9-11 a.m., June 3, 10, 17, 24 FULL for 2017
- Saturdays, 9-11 a.m. July 8, 15, 22, 29 FULL for 2017
- Monday-Thursday, 9-11 a.m., June 12-15 FULL for 2017
- Monday-Thursday, 9-11 a.m., June 26-29 FULL for 2017
- Monday-Thursday, 9-11 a.m., July 10-13 FULL for 2017
- Monday-Thursday, 9-11 a.m., July 31-August 3 FULL for 2017
Limit 5 students per session
Sessions will consist of one hour TPI lesson followed by one hour of supervised play on the Par 3 Course. This class is for a junior that has some golf experience and plays golf occassionally.
Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Club: 12501 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66213 (913) 897-3809
St. Andrews Golf Club: 11099 W. 135th St., Overland Park, KS 66221 (913) 897-3804